Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I couldn't even hold my nose and vote for Mario Diaz

Over the last year or so, we've learned of some exploits of Mario E Diaz, Dark Money operator.

He could be the one person most responsible for that sorry excuse for a lawmaker, Catherine Miranda, winning the LD27 senate primary. He supported sell out candidate Richard Bauer, who lost in the LD24 Democratic House primary.

Now comes revelation -- by way of campaign finance disclosures -- that the Washington, DC non-profit he lobbies for, American Federation for Children, has funded more than $15k in mail hit pieces targeting Independent LD6 senate candidate Tom O'Halleran. O'Halleran's running against Tea Party whack job Sylvia "Earth is only 6,000 years old" Allen.

From Sourcewatch.org,
The American Federation for Children (AFC) is a conservative 501(c)(4) advocacy group that promotes the school privatization agenda via the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and other avenues.
In the same disclosure, dated yesterday (October 14), LD18 lobbyist whore Jeff Dial received $9,311 in mailer support, along with another $9,311 supporting his Tea Party whack job running mate, Jill Norgaard.

Mario Diaz is also running for an at-large seat on the Maricopa County Community College District governing board in the 2014 general election.

I don't know whether any of the candidates for the two available seats is reasonable or worthy but I know that Mario Diaz has a deficiency in character, ethics and morals such that I could not bring myself to vote for him. Not even if I held my nose.

And I emphatically encourage all voters with critical thinking skills to bypass Diaz. I can only imagine the mischief he will cause if he wins. And for me, mischief is really too mild of a word.

Mario Diaz has a price. And sinister special interests have offered him at least enough money to match that price.

Please do not enable Mario Diaz to privatize our community colleges.

No comments:

Post a Comment