Thursday, August 1, 2019

Liz Warren will be the next president.


Last night, a friend from high school (and long time Facebook friend) had the audacity to blame me for Donald Trump's election.

This because I cannot abide Status Quo Joe.

Anyone who has paid attention to the Arizona Eagletarian or my Facebook posts for the last four years knows that before the 2016 Democratic Convention I advocated emphatically and enthusiastically for Bernie Sanders. They also know that, citing the work of Maurizio Viroli and his research on Machiavelli, I emphatically denounced calls to vote for the Green Party candidate in the general election (as well as calls to vote for Trump).

It shocked and astounded me that this person would do that.

Today, I shake the dust off my feet.

THIS is primary season, NOT general election season. Despite (fearful) exclamation for people to "vote blue no matter who" those calls are woefully premature.

Primary season is crucial. In 2016, Bernie's unequivocal calls for a political revolution dramatically changed the tone of presidential campaigning forever. For that I am most thankful.

For those of you who suggest that Liz Warren's call for bold structural change is unrealistic, I feel sad and disappointed.

Anti-Abolitionists in the 1800s would have appreciated your sentiments.

Anti-Suffragists in the late-1800s and early 1900s would have appreciated your sentiments.

Anti-LGBTQ activists over the last couple of decades would and probably still do appreciate your sentiments.

I do NOT appreciate them.

There have been numerous examples and incidents of bold structural changes in societies occurring rapidly. Certain social conditions expedite such change.

Trump's atrocities worldwide represent those conditions.

To achieve bold structural changes requires bold leadership. Today, there is only one person who, in my opinion, properly embodies the leadership necessary.

Liz Warren.

Senator Warren is authentic, fierce, smart, with plenty of heart. And she has a helluva lot of energy! I'm going the direction she's leading.



Do not construe this as me knocking Bernie. I don't. But I choose Liz and believe she is the person who can and will energetically and methodically provide that leadership this time.

Please enjoy this video of Liz addressing thousands of us in person at the Marquee Theater in Tempe, Arizona and via YouTube, many many more. Then join me in supporting Elizabeth Warren for president.

No comments:

Post a Comment