Tuesday, May 14, 2013

About that stuff hitting the fan...

As noted in my blog post last night, the Arizona Senate has introduced a series of budget bills (SB 1483 through SB 1492) today along with a bill with the short title "Elections: Omnibus," SB 1493. I will henceforth refer to it as "Elections, Ominous."

I truly hope Senate Democrats stick together on this because it's bound to be a huge mess otherwise.

Craig McDermott, blogging at Random Musings has already posted about these bills.

Apparently, the Senate Appropriations committee has a hearing scheduled for these bills tomorrow morning (Wednesday, May 15, 11 am)

At first glance, I'm not certain that Biggs has failed to get his 16 votes from Republican members of his caucus because McComish is a sponsor of all 10 budget bills as well as the elections bill; Driggs is a sponsor of all but one of the bills.

If McComish and Driggs are, in fact, playing ball with Biggs on the budget and the elections: ominous bill, but no other Republicans are, then Biggs only needs to pick off two Democratic votes.

I will keep my ear to the ground and post later tonight if I learn anything further.

No comments:

Post a Comment