Now, we have more detail available on some of Andrei Cherny's big dollar donors, who they work for and what they might expect in return from Cherny in the event he succeeds in his quest to be elected this fall.
Notable on the list,
- Mark Nunnelly, employed by Bain Capital (yes, THAT Bain Capital) $2,500.00
- Josh Bekenstein, employed by Bain Capital (the same Bain Capital) $2,500.00
- Samuel D Bekenstein (a student, apparently Josh's son, above) $2,500.00
- Dennis DeConcini (former US Senator from Arizona, now on board of directors of private prison firm, CCA) $1,000.00
- Bobbette Gorden, wife of Arizona State Professor Emeritus Robert Cialdini (author of Influence: the Psychology of Persuasion) $5,000.00
- Numerous individuals with connection to capital investment firms
I should point out that Professor Cialdini's research at Arizona State established the link beyond a shadow of a doubt that campaign contributions create a sense of obligation for the successful candidate to repay the donor with favorable legislation.
Obviously, all of the candidates, from both parties, receive substantial campaign contributions. I'll dig more into the Republican side of this race after the primary. However, it is notable at this point that former CIA operative Leah Campos Schandlbauer received endorsement and a donation of $5,000.00 from the Citizens United Political Victory Fund.